Violet Skirt in Anjou Noil
Deep violets, you liken to
The kindest eyes that look on you,
Without a thought disloyal;
– Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 'A Flower in a Letter'
Sweet and simple, the Violet is my favorite kind of skirt. A fully adjustable waist gives the skirt an easygoing functionality, while a drapey tulip hem adds a delightful, floral touch.
- 100% silk noil woven in China and dyed in our studio
- Designed, cut, and sewn in Arkansas, USA
- Wrap skirt with tie closure
- Tulip hem
- Hidden pockets in side seams
- Measures 27" long from shoulder at longest point
- Hand wash cold, line dry, warm iron as needed (learn more about garment care here)
This skirt is made of a 35mm silk noil fabric from China, hand-dyed in our studio with acid dyes to be a juicy pear green. Made from the fibers left over after spinning silk, silk noil (also known as raw silk) is unlike any other kind of silk: nubby, dense, and matte, but with a drape so luxurious you know it just has to be silk.
In addition to the fabric, this skirt uses cotton thread and cotton garment labels.
Take a look at our Size Guide to find your size.
The Violet is fitted only in the waist, so use your waist measurement when determining your size. If you fall in between sizes, I recommend sizing up if you'd like a bit more leg coverage and sizing down if you'd like to show bit more skin. Nonetheless, because of the wrap construction of the skirt, the sizing is quite forgiving, both up and down.
Alyssa is wearing a size 4 and is 5'8" with a 35" bust, 27" waist, and 37" hip.