We're sorry, but this product is sold out.
The Rosie Dress is a riff on one of Margu's iconic dress styles, the shirtdress, this time with an elegant square neckline and sweet cap sleeves. A hidden slit in the front of the dress (a design technique I learned from studying one of my favorite vintage dresses) allows for super-easy on and off — only four buttons and one snap and you're ready to bask in the sunshine.
- Shell: 100% cotton double gauze woven in Japan
- Designed, cut, and sewn in NYC
- Button-front sundress with cap sleeves and square neckline
- Hidden inseam pockets
- Four vintage mother of pearl buttons
- One snap closure at waistline
- Measures 37" long from shoulder
- Hand wash cold, line dry, warm iron as needed (learn more about garment care here)
This dress is made of cotton double gauze woven in Japan. If Margu had an official fabric, it would be double gauze — composed of two layers of gauze that have been tacked together, the fabric is unique in that it is light and airy but also opaque. It's also unbelievably soft, and only gets better with repeated washes and wears. This particular double gauze, Sesame Dot, has a light tan base with cream-colored dots woven in throughout.
Take a look at our Size Guide to find your size.
The Rosie Dress is fitted in the bust and waist, so use both measurements when determining your size. This dress runs a touch large, so size down if you're in between sizes.
Daria is wearing a size 0 and is 5'6" with a 32" bust, 24" waist, and 34" hip.