This style is made to order and will ship in 3-4 weeks.
Originally debuting in Spring/Summer 2019, the Rosie Dress is here to stay as part of our Building Blocks collection. It's a riff on one of our favorite dress styles, the shirtdress, this time with an elegant square neckline and sweet cap sleeves. A hidden slit in the front of the dress (a design technique I learned from studying one of my favorite vintage dresses) allows for super-easy on and off — only four buttons and one snap and you're ready to bask in the sunshine.
- 100% cotton double gauze milled in Japan
- Designed, cut, and sewn in NYC
- Button-front sundress with cap sleeves and square neckline
- Hidden inseam pockets
- Four vintage mother of pearl buttons
- One snap closure at waistline
- Measures 37" long from shoulder
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low, warm iron as needed (learn more about garment care here)
This dress is made of cotton double gauze from Japan. Composed of two layers of gauze that have been tacked together, double gauze is unbelievably soft and breathable. It is light and airy and one of those fabrics that, like linen, is wrinkle-prone, but that's part of what makes it so great — even the first time you wear it, double gauze feels soft and rumpled and worn in, and it only gets softer with repeated washes and wears.
Take a look at our Size Guide to find your size.
The Rosie Dress is fitted in the bust and waist, so use both measurements when determining your size. This style runs true to size, but if you measure in between sizes, I recommend sizing up.
Aja is 5'5 and is wearing a size S.