Due to the coronavirus, we are currently unable to import any of our Japanese fabrics. Here's hoping this situation resolves itself soon. Sign up for our email list to know the moment this style becomes available again!
The Aster is fully lined short-sleeve shirtdress with a button front, fitted bodice, and gathered skirt. It is not only one of the softest dresses you will ever feel, but it also has pockets hidden in the side seams, perfect for stowing your phone or anything else you may need to carry around. Comfortable AND functional AND beautiful — you can't really beat that!
- Designed, cut, and sewn in Arkansas, USA
- Main fabric: 100% cotton handwoven in India
- Lining fabric: GOTS-certified 100% organic cotton double gauze woven in India
- GOTS-certified organic cotton thread
- 1960s vintage plastic buttons
- Hidden inseam pockets
- Fully lined
- Falls 35" from shoulder
- Hand wash cold, line dry, warm iron when needed (learn more about garment care here)
- Our wonderful model Alyssa is 5'8" and wearing a size Small
The blue plaid fabric is made of cotton and was crafted in India on a handloom, a process that preserves traditional crafts, creates well-paying jobs in rural areas, and uses no electricity. The lining is made of ethereally soft organic cotton double gauze woven in a GOTS and Fair Trade Certified mill in India that has been hand-dyed by Emily using environmentally friendly fiber-reactive dyes. The milky-white buttons are vintage stock from the 1960s.
This style runs true to size overall, but may run a bit small on larger busts as it is quite fitted. Check out our size guide here.